Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I've got to feed my family

What's this with some sports stars claiming they've got to feed their family as a basis for contract negotiations? Haven't they learned that that is probably one of the worst phrases they could use when negotiating? That's probably the number one way to have people turn aagainst you.

Like your family couldn't make it on $8.2 million. They've gotta have $9.6.

That's totally rediculous. I think my family would be fine with the $8.2. I could see if it was a normal job where there is a substantial difference between $35,000 and $40,000. That could definitely help the household. But the difference between $8 and $9 million is just another piece of jewelry for the wife, an extra Playstation for the kids room, another trip to France. All the necessities of life ya know.

Come on athletes. Say you're doing it for your fellow athletes or for charity, but leave your families out of it. I think they're doing better than most out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home